Congratulations on your new puppy! We are so excited for you!
The staff at Lange Veterinary Hospital can’t wait to meet your new companion and help prepare you with the knowledge to keep your new puppy healthy and happy for years to come. There is so much to learn – vaccinations, tests, diet, spaying or neutering, socializing, conditioning, training, and best practices to keep them safe and healthy… It can certainly be daunting! But, do not fear! We are here to help!
The doctors at Lange Veterinary Hospital are experts in puppy care. When you come in for your initial visit they will take the time to answer every question you may have. We offer comprehensive puppy exams that will give you key information and will walk you through the initial tests and vaccinations. We utilize the latest vaccinations and vaccine protocols recommended in the veterinary community, so you can have peace of mind that your companion is only receiving protection for what they need.
View Lange Veterinary Hospital's Welcome Letter for all of the information we will be covering in your first visit! If you would like a digital copy of your puppy's visit schedule, you can download it here.
Here are a few suggestions for when you come for your first visit:
- Please keep your puppy on a leash or in a carrier
- Try to refrain from letting your puppy socialize with other pets in the hospital. It is best to carry them around the hospital. They may get exposed to viruses that they are not vaccinated for yet. This applies to outside of the hospital as well
- If your puppy is coughing or sneezing please let us know immediately
- Bring any records you may have from the shelter, pet store, or breeder
- Try to bring a fresh stool sample in a Ziploc bag or Tupperware container
- Bring a list of questions you would like addressed at your visit